Public Speaking is conducting or delivering speech in formal situation with features :
- Public speaking is more highly structured
- Public speaking requires more formal language
- Public speaking requires a different method of delivery.
If we want talk in front of more people, we must know some rules public speaking below :
- It imposes strict time limitation on the speaker. (No interruption, question or commentary) Need more detailed planning and preparing than the ordinary conversation.
- Slang, jargon or bad grammar have little place in public speeches.
Ex : George speaks to a congressional commite, she doesn’t say, “We’ve dann well got whole committe just to make a few more backs. I listener will back negatively. (speech should be “special” – speaker should polish their language)
- Adjust their voices to be heard clearly through out. The audience they assume a more erect posture avoid avoid distracting memorism and verbal habits. (vocalized pause : ehm, er, um)